Friday, June 14, 2013

Avocado chicken tacos

Nom nom! So lately I have been craving a lot of avocado so I thought of a salad and then I said "well, guacamole is like a salad, right?" But then I wanted to have some consistency and then the no brainer pop in my mind: shredded chicken!

Yes! Add shredded chicken,heat up some tortillas and there you have the most refreshing avocado chicken tacos!


- 1 chicken breast
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup minced tomatoe
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- salt & pepper
- 8 tortillas 

The secret to make it extra fresh and with extra love is to actually BOIL the chicken! Don't buy it already cook! No no no. I say this because my boyfriend asked for the recipe and he went to the store and bought rotisserie chicken. Ay ay ay! It's very simple, boil the chicken breast for 15 minutes, take it out, let it cool off and shred it, mix with the rest of the ingredients (except the tortillas of course)
Let it sit for a bit while you hit up the tortilla on a pan or straight on the fire to give it a smoky flavor. 

So easy and cheap! 
Great for a quick bite, host a party, impress your boyfriend. Seriously who doesn't like guacamole with chicken! ;)

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment